Change Direct to Indirect Speech Narration Part-3 of Oxford Grammar by R.k Sinha
How to Change Direct to Indirect Speech Narration Rules 3 and it’s Examples & Exercise Solution.
Narration Changing Rule 3 Direct to Indirect Speech.
यदि Reporting Verb Past Tense ( Said ) रहे । तो Inverted Comma के अंदर प्रयुक्त निकटतम सूचक शब्दों को दूरी सूचक शब्दों मे बदल देते हैं ।
निकटतम सूचक शब्द दूरी सूचक शब्द
This day That day
Today That day
a______ ago a_____ before
a______ ago the previous_____
Next Month The following Month
Last Month The previous Month
Next Week/year The following week/year
Last Week/year The previous week/year
The day before yesterday two days before
The day after tomorrow in two days’ time
Tomorrow The next day/the following day
Yesterday The day before/the previous day
Examples of Direct and Indirect Speech
1. She said, ” i am glad to be here this evening. ”
She said that she was glad to be there that evening.
2. He said, ” i am now speaking to this boy. ”
He said that he was then speaking to that boy.
3. He said, ” i will do it tomorrow. ”
He said that he should do it the next day.
4. She said, ” i am starting the day after tomorrow. ”
She said that she was starting in two days’ time.
5. He said, ” it is not so foggy today as it was yesterday. ”
He said that it was not so foggy that day as it had been the day before.
6. ” i saw him the day before yesterday, ” she said.
She said that she had seen him two days before.
7. The girl said to me, ” i shall meet you next month. ”
The girl told me that she would meet me the following month.
8. He said, ” she died a year ago. ”
He said that she had died a year before.
1. Reporting Verb के बाद प्रयुक्त to को हटा देते हैं ।
2. Inverted Comma के स्थान पर that देते हैं ।
3. Tense को Rules 2 की मदद से change करते हैं ।
4. निकटतम सूचक शब्दों को दूरी सूचक शब्दों मे बदल देते हैं
Oxford Current English Grammar Exercise 77 full Solution and Change direct to indirect Speech Correctly.
1. He said, ” i want to stay here this morning. ”
He said that he wanted to stay there that morning.
2. She said, ” These flowers are very beautiful. ”
She said that those flowers were very beautiful.
3. They said to her, ” we shall see you tomorrow. ”
They told her that they would see her the next day.
4. He said, ” i am going away tomorrow. ”
He said that he was going away the next day.
5. She said to me, ” i can’t give you money today. ”
She told me that she couldn’t give me money that day.
6. The boy said to his mother, ” i shall not go to school today. ”
The boy told his mother that he would not go to school that day.
7. He said, ” My mother will come the day after tomorrow. ”
He said that my mother would come in two days’ time.
8. i said, ” i did it yesterday. ”
i said that i had done it the previous day.
9. She said, ” i wrote to him the day before yesterday. ”
She said that she had written to him two days before.
10. The farmer said, ” i bought the hen yesterday and i am going to sell it tomorrow. ”
The farmer said that he had bought the hen the previous day and he was going to sell it the next day.
11. She said to me, ” i couldn’t meet you last night because i was so busy. ”
She told me that she couldn’t meet me the previous night because she had been so busy.
12. She said, ” my husband died a year ago. ”
She said that her husband had died a year before.
13. Sita said to me, ” i tried to do it yesterday but it couldn’t be done because you were absent. ”
She told me that she had tried to do it the day before it couldn’t be done because i had been absent.
14. She said, ” I shall join the office next week. ”
She said that she would join the office the following week.
15. ” i saw a wild animal in the garden yesterday, ” said She.
She said that she had seen a wild animal in the garden the day before.
16. ” i was trying to do it yesterday. ” he said.
He said that he had been trying to do it the day before.
17.” i am intending to do it tomorrow. ” Said the man.
The man said that he was intending to do it the next day.
18. ” Yesterday Ram and i went to the river. ” Said he.
He said that Ram and he had gone to the river the day before.
19. He said, ” she arrived yesterday and will go tomorrow. ”
He said that she had arrived the day before and would go the next day.
20. i can’t go there today because i am busy this time but i shall go tomorrow. ” said he.
He said that she couldn’t go there that day because she was busy that time but she would go the next day.